Live streaming is now booming with the rapidly growing number of people and platforms looking to get into in the trend. Did you know the research says that video streaming market will eventually be a $70.5 billion industry by the year 2021? Live streaming has been widely adopted by the social platform like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat as video continues to dominate in these platforms.
Live Streaming will get wider acceptance not only in the social platforms and even in the television industry. In 2018, the expansion of live streaming in all sectors of business is inevitable; we will see more brands and businesses to make use of live video in the future. BUT as with all live streaming is any broadcast in real-time to an audience on the internet. Live streaming spaces the real-time engagement and experience with the audience and the brands which are likely preferred by the modern consumers. Live streams are perceived as more transparent and authentic by the consumers.
Aside from the benefits of growing engagement real-time experience, brand awareness live streaming provides a sense of excitement to your audience especially if they are allowed to interact. It makes your consumer feel inclusive and exclusive of the brands which would be more appealing to make a decision. Final takeaway for opting live streaming is more of cost-effective. Reduced cost means an increase in the revenues. In turn, the time and money saved allows you to spend even more on resources on the live streaming and grow your brand and promoting your products.
The infographic below gives a quick insight on why you should consider live video for your business or brand, which platforms to use, and what formats to explore.
How to live stream
Live streaming business has developed to become the most loved in the course of a couple of years. Consumers are inclining toward live content to on-demand content recently. Everybody needs to perceive what’s going on live. The transformation started with user-created live content and with Snapchat stories being the pioneer.
Previously, over-the-top (OTT) live content was restricted to games and news just, and in a few sections, it may have been received for religious projects and lecturing sessions as well.
In any case, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram took live streaming service to the next level. Watchers are presently ready to appreciate the ongoing content by streaming live instead of the recorded content that can be played on-demand.
Live video streaming is pertinent for broadcasting live projects, occasion coverage and so on. It’s more helpful for individuals who are in various locations and need to get up to acquire a program shot somewhere else. This, however, diminishes the cost of relishing a program by dodging costs caused due to commute, lodging, nourishment, time, and others.
How about we see why Live Streaming and the live stream service have picked up fame?
- Live content does not suffer from lag. It empowers ongoing conveyance of content to a few gadgets over the globe in the meantime. In any case, some live streaming stages offer a deferred live support of games content with the expectation of free clients and in the meantime a constant stream with zero lags for premium clients.
- Live broadcasters can talk to watchers on user-created live streaming stages, for example, Bigo, Facebook Live Streaming, Live.me, and so on. This makes live content more responsive and intuitive as watchers will have the capacity to bring up issues and broadcasters can react to them and connect with their issues.
- Although live streaming administrations, for example, Periscope or Twitter Live Streaming enable users to spare their broadcasts for some other time, individuals can pick not to demonstrate their content again. This attitude can enable viewers to drive viewership because of the concern of missing out on a great opportunity among their millennial fan base.
- Viewers look to wind up being a part of stories as and when they happen. This is one major motivation behind why applications streaming live video are a sensation today. For viewers, getting their most loved celebrities live in real life presents to them a continuous fan encounter that they unquestionably would prefer not to lose a major opportunity for.
- Viewers would now be able to end up being a portion of their most loved stars’ life in a flash. Broadcasters can stream occasions like photo-shoots, celebrity gatherings, get-away, and also include their devotees as a piece of their life. Organizations, then again, can give a sneak look into their corporate culture and hardworking attitudes utilizing live streaming talks and sessions with top administrators.
Live streaming brings a practice that does not stop on the double; being an innovation that captures occasions and emotions live. It ordinarily keeps running on HTTP Live Streaming convention or Real-Time Messaging Protocol and requires a detailed content delivery chain that can procedure a live stream support incorporated into a streaming stage.
Video-on-request (VOD) has cemented its place in the OTT business by enabling individuals to watch anything whenever. Netflix remodeled the VOD situation worldwide and afterward, the online streaming business boomed. A couple of years back tech organizations and micro-blogging destinations, for example, Twitch, Facebook, and Twitter drew out the genuine energy of online live streaming.
Twitch let gamers broadcast their gaming sessions on the web and it was an immense hit in the realm of video gaming. Gamers around the globe could watch and learn best practices, grabbed tricks and tips, and stalked professional gamers for self-improvement.
Not quite a while later, Facebook thought of a live streaming service that enabled any client to go live on air and audiences could interface with them.
To top this, committed live streaming stages came up in the market, Bigo being the principal mover. The stage not only empowered live broadcasts and viewer connection as well as brought online gaming into the act.
Clients could manufacture profiles in the live streaming application and in light of their usage and fame they were granted badges and level ups. This urged more clients to join the stream and they started paying to achieve more elevated amounts.
Just after Bigo which is generally well known all inclusive, came Live.me and YouNow. Periscope is another player in the live streaming section that spotlights on labels like travel, games, and music. Different applications and sites have come up off late that give stages to average people to communicate live and possess their own live stream ideas and gears. All in all its just a totally new involvement.
Live online video has outpaced the development of VOD, with a 113% expansion in promotion development since a year ago.
For mobile live streaming, normal time spent is 2.8 minutes for VOD while it’s 3.5 for live streams. On tablets, normal time spent is 4.1 minutes for VOD while it’s 7.1 minutes for live streams. On the PC, normal time spent is 2.6 minutes for VOD while 34.5 minutes for live streams. Obviously, live streaming eclipses VOD in terms of utilization on all sharing media.
Another fascinating reality is that watchers take 8 times longer observing live video (42.8 minutes) than on-demand video (5.1 minutes).
80% of viewers like to observe live video from a brand than experiencing their blog, and 82% of viewers favor live video from a brand than read their social posts. 45% of live video groups of onlookers would pay for living, elite, on-demand video from a most loved group, speaker, or entertainer.
Disregarding the business utilization of live streaming, generation and utilization of live content have taken off huge in the US and Latin America, however, APAC is by all accounts the problem area, particularly China.
With the dawn of the year 2018, live streaming business in China surpassed USD 4.76 billion. As per Wu Jiangbo, leader of the service’s Cultural Market Department, live streaming income enhanced by 39% since the earlier year.
Games live streaming platforms has been awarded as one of the greatest upgrades and it is only one stage towards the microscopic approach which we can find from live streaming and live streaming stages.
The live streaming pattern has turned out to be popular to the point that Nasa and SpaceX are in chats with top tech players to utilize live streaming stages and fine-tune their approach towards the crowd by upgrading their own knowledge. It would be exceptionally intriguing to see how this configuration of over-the-top (OTT) content does in the years to come.
Going through these details you can certainly find out how the live streaming business is growing as fast and huge as VOD.
These days relatively every business depends on online media streaming to showcase their item or administrations. A video player will only be acclaimed one on the off chance that it has elements, for example, live streaming help, responsive stage, reporting and examining, advertisement blocking facility, customization, content administration, for example, sharing, distributing, and so on.
The HTML5 player is one such innovation.
An HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) player, in layman’s dialect, is a tool that permits playing recordings in HTML convention. Without a standard method to incorporate video in an HTML page, video on the Web has been for the most part the privilege of browser-specific usage or outsider modules, for example, the VLC module, Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash Player. These modules were initiated using the <object> tag in HTML.
The <video> tag presented by HTML5 facilitated issues of adding visual effects to the video using general web technologies. Since video turned into a general tag, for example, <p> or <div>, it is specifically coordinated inside whatever is left of the website page.
The best thing about HTML5 live streaming audio is that it doesn’t confine the list of video positions and codec that a program may support, leaving open doors for future arrangements.
The <video> label includes a fallback component whereby elective “sources” can be determined, each utilizing an alternate configuration or codec. In the event that the web program does not support the principal arrange, it will take a chance at utilizing the second one, at that point the third one, and so on.
As indicated by reports, almost 66% of web video was at that point encoded for an HTML5 player in 2010, and one of the greatest advantages for advertisers now is that HTML5 has local video support. So it can be specifically incorporated into the supporting programs that permit speedier, top-notch recordings to be shared.
The installation of direct video content on a site page positively affects SEO as it is exceptional, connecting and in this way is incorporated into ‘quality content that web search engines are hoping to send clients to.
Some of the specks of the development of HTML5 player
It incorporates the presentation of the new tags that have enhanced the HTML code. A conventional designer who may utilize the div tags, however, now there’s a ton of new semantics that is utilized as a part of HTML5 advancement. Maybe a couple of the new labels are nav, segment, article, header, outline, and so on.
Data Inventory and offline approach
The greatest stress of a designer is to store client information. HTML5 is furnished with an answer that spares the information as well as has a higher transferring speed with appropriate synchronization guaranteed.
Another supportive element is that it is additionally accessible in offline mode where the information can be archived in the local database.
Boosting up of continuous games and talks is additionally a broad capacity of this HMTL. Thus, improvised correspondence is ensured with prominent availability. There is no need for any additional module or an application, as it is straightforwardly placed in the program for doing video conferencing or other network assignments.
IMPORTANCE OF HTML5 PLAYER AND ITS ROLE IN MEDIA DISTRIBUTION
HTML5 video brought transformation by making a video and sound top notch residents on the web by empowering the control of media content utilizing the live audio streaming <audio> and video labels.
Through the assistance of HTML5, clients are now prepared to broadcast locally streaming video and sound documents in a web browser sans modules which implies there are not any more dangerous downloads just to get to the content.
Notwithstanding that with HTML5, there is no requirement for any outsider programming which keeps the streaming speed enduring as well as the battery of your PC or mobile keeps going longer.
Another fascinating actuality about HTML5 player is that it has been particularly created remembering cell phones. The innovation field is presently swarmed with savvy contraptions with various screen sizes and resolutions. HTML5 grants clients to have a steady web understanding overall gadgets.
This positively holds a more prominent significance now, as search engine emperor Google has effectively affirmed that a noteworthy piece of the worldwide organic traffic originates from the cell phones and not from PC’s or workstations.
Furthermore, HTML5 gives better help to brilliant vector graphics and intelligent online elements, for example, intuitive, document sharing or even online video editing.
HTML5 is the core feature that shapes the next open Web platform. In spite of the fact that HTML5 isn’t a Web standard yet, most recent adaptations of Web programs have begun to execute key parts of HTML5.
Specifically; most PC Web programs now support the <video> tag, an important initiative in HTML5 to incorporate video on the Web.
The <video> tag unveils the likelihood to control video inside a standard Web page. Creative UIs that blend video and other content would now be able to be created without resorting to devoted modules.
Groundbreaking content distribution organizations, for example, Netflix have just begun receiving HTML5 for their UIs and attempting to address the restrictions of the video tag for distribution of their media content.
HTML5 is setting down deep roots and keeps on building colossal industry force. It is actually tough to find a dynamic browser vendor or mobile software stage that wouldn’t aid HTML5.
At the end of this discussion, I would like to state that HTML5 is the next big thing in this industry. Forget storing data on your system and start sharing them through web-based applications.
Those are days are obsolete when you had to physically visit a store to buy CD’s of movies or tune into your television just to watch your favorite show at the point where it gets telecasted.
Here in this article, we will talk about top streaming services which have actually made the use of television primitive. With a fast broadband connection, you can now lever your favorite shows on platforms like Netflix and Amazon.
With an incredible UI and proposal framework, Netflix takes the step ahead to leave its opponents behind. You would now be able to watch shows like House of Cards; Orange is the New Black, Jessica Jones, and Stranger Things.
The fundamental plan remains at $7.99/month except it’s constrained to ordinary video quality and single streaming. You can move up to different bundles to get at least two simultaneous HD streams for an extra cost. It functions admirably with an extensive variety of gadgets and a perfect stage that conveys the best elements.
With this administration, you can get a portion of the significant network shows separated from CBS’ programs and an assortment of TV shows each day. It is one of the top streaming services accessible in the US and not yet launched in different nations.
Right now, you may not get the free, promotion aided level that was there previously; however, you can subscribe with $7.99 every month for complete seasons and episodes of TV shows.
The Standalone Amazon Video quotes $8.99 for a monthly membership. With a $99/year membership, you can get to Amazon’s exclusive administrations and a large number of famous shows and films globally. They even honor you with a free Kindle book each month and free two-day shipping upon purchase.
YouTube TV offers boundless cloud DVR stock to store distinctive shows for you on YouTube servers. It has united with other huge TV systems including Disney, BBC, NBC, and so forth. With YouTube TV, you get the opportunity to keep your content for nine months and stream it from anyplace in the US, till you’re online.
For $20 every month, Sling TV gives you Sling Orange arrangement with live access to channels like TBS, AMC, CNN, The Food Network, and that’s just the beginning. There is the fundamental Sling Blue arrangement that backings three streams for $25 and you can have both supporting four concurrent streams for $40.
HBO was the primary real premium channel to go live without anyone else. For a few years, HBO avoided collaborating with other cable providers, yet it at long last confirmed to its fan’s order and launched an online streaming service named HBO Now, for just $14.99 every month.
The first HBO premium content station offers two methods of streaming: HBO GO from cable or satellite bundle and HBO NOW intended for the cord-cutters
CBS All Access
For $5.99 every month, you can enjoy 8,500 episodes; remain fully informed regarding latest shows reporting in real time or make up for lost time with old top choices like The Twilight Zone, Taxi, and each Star Trek you could seek after. New episodes are accessible the following day, and it aids live TV streams in 185 markets.
With more than 200 review choices, Crackle is among the free streaming platforms, in spite of the fact that you need to watch through a reasonable list of advertisements for this option. The writing computer programs are about the content you’ve known about from Pitch Black, Total Recall, All in the Family, and others.
This is for those PlayStation fans that are searching for a genuine digital TV programming bundle; PlayStation TV is an awesome alternative. Their bundles run from the essential arrangement for $40 every month to an extensive bundle that accompanies 90 channels including some top-notch channels, for example, the Ultra version at $75 every month.
Stated above are ten of the top streaming services which have actually brought a huge turnaround in the online sector. However, the best online video streaming service for you will be the one which meets all your necessities.
Live video streaming is quite trendy in today’s time and it has the power of changing the future of social contents. The essential things required to start a live video streaming includes a camera or a cell phone along with a free account with a reliable live streaming provider. The whole process has become quite easy and convenient because of the advanced technology.
With the advanced features available, one may broadcast the videos live for the viewers worldwide. The video of high definition and quality can be streamed as per the speed and reliability of the internet connection. StreamNow is a live streaming software which is quite useful in providing live video streaming in an easier way.
Future of Video Streaming
Until now, we have come across new advancements in live video streaming using VR (virtual reality) device and 360° live streaming. One can easily stream live videos at 360° if the streaming device supports this format. Of course, 360-degree streaming devices have become more new variants and models hitting markets every second day. A door to the new world has opened and future of video streaming can further change the social content.
4K video streaming is becoming the Norm
4K is a logical advancement in the technology, thanks to the ever-improving internet speed and powerful video compression. The 4k resolution will be used for all the live video streaming and in near future. Many pundits vouch for the fact that 4K resolution shall soon become the de-facto standard. YouTube, the largest video platform, is already distributing 4K videos. Some of the best live streaming websites are Justin TV, Livestream, Ustream, YouNow, Feedocast, etc.
The world of video streaming is changing at a fast rate and it is crucial that one has to stay ahead of the curve.
Live Streaming OTT
Live streaming OTT (Over the Top) videos are the next trend of broadcasting video content. One can watch live video content by means of internet in OTT and Amazon TV, Netflix provides this video streaming feature. The video industry has developed in regards to live video and is going to come up with some major changes in near future.
Live video streaming can change the future in few ways:
- There would be number of video streaming services
- More original content would be available for its viewers as they will be no time to edit the live broadcast
- Video streaming services will get more personalized for their users worldwide
- People would prefer video streams rather than cable connection
- Video streaming rentals would not be applicable
- Live video streaming of sports would become highly viewed
Live Streaming For Business
Live video streaming can be considered a boon for business. These days, companies are launching their new products through live video streams. The launch of Apple products is a scintillating example. Products can be advertised in a better way and videos infuse enthusiasm in audiences. Live video streaming helps organizations gain the first impressions. For all intents and purposes, live videos can be the first point of contact with the organization. Those firms which are using live streaming have a better progress rate as compared to those who are not using it.
Related Content – 5 Video Streaming Business Models that Could Make You a Millionaire
Live streaming for business can lead to profit generation and help in the overall success of the organization. Those live video streaming providers are considered the best which have the feature of the excellent viewing experience, branding, messaging, support and monetization.
Live streaming plays an important role in your business in the following ways:
- Engages audience: Social media websites are very keen on making live streaming a significant option for their business. Facebook gives live stream content a boost on its live streaming platform. Videos generate more reach to the audience than any other content type. Videos need not be highly produced or scripted. Live streaming is a great chance for brands, to promote their usage.
- Online videos demand: Videos are the best ways to communicate within the technical limitations. Users expect more content in videos. Social media websites like Facebook expects their platform would be all video for the next five years. Live video streaming improves the communication medium that enables to capture the experience of the viewers.
- Television & Cable network at great risk: Television and cable network are being replaced with online contents. The higher the people start tuning in to live streaming, the higher are the opportunities open for brands to reach the targeted audience.
Use Most Popular Live Streaming Software: StreamNow:
The live streaming software can transmit live video and audio coverage of an event over the internet. Users can avail the benefits for free, per view basis, monthly basis. StreamNow is a widely used live streaming software which has several revenue channels. This reliable live streaming solution offers several features to serve as Ustream or Twitch clone. This has become the best solution for initiating live streaming events.
- Communication: StreamNow has a systematic communication network. It is enabled with a chat system so as to help the users to discuss videos. This kind of network can help the businesses to enhance their brand value.
- Best Service for Live streaming: StreamNow is endowed with continuous live streaming sans any technical issues. It streams every event in high definition quality and hence, it is said to be the best service. Many businesses are using SteamNow for better results.
- Notifications: Viewers and users shall be notified of the latest and recent video events of the people they follow. In addition, they shall get updates about any activity such as events, sessions, webinars etc.
- Administration: It has an efficient admin panel that gives a wide range of options to the users. Administration allows the users to delete a videos, flag or change the social login configurations.
- Flexible Subscription Plans: To view a premium live streaming sessions, a user needs to subscribe. StreamNow has various flexible subscription plans for its users.
- Transactions: Not all users may be convenient with the subscription plans. StreamNow offers a feature called pay per view which provides the user with the flexibility to pay for the videos which he/she watch. The payments are through PayPal which seamlessly facilitates payments from all over the globe. StreamNow offers other payment options too.
- SEO friendly: StreamNow uses various strategies of SEO to attract potential and paying visitors. Search engine optimization (SEO) has an important role in digital marketing.
- Compatible with Android/iOS App: Most of the online orders are from mobile devices. StreamNow is compatible with Android and iOS for the users of streaming business. It is available in the app stores.
Related Content – Best Live Video Streaming Software
Live streaming has become ubiquitous and most of the tech companies are using live video streaming for creating new ways to improve their business. From social campaigns to product launches, live streaming provides opportunities to connect with an audience in real time.
If you have any doubts or concerns, feel free to drop a line or two in the comments section. I shall reply in a day or two. Keep watching this space for insights on live streaming for business. Subscribe to our newsletter to know more about future of live streaming. Our best wishes are with you and your live streaming events. Cheers!
What is RTMP?
RTMP denotes Real Time Messaging Protocol which initially was a protocol owned and designed by Macromedia for audio streams has also gained a lot of popularity due to its flawless video streaming. With the introduction of HTTP video streaming, RTMP video streaming nearly went obsolete at a point. But RTMP has several advantages which still make it the most used protocol to date.
What is RTMP streaming?
If one had to define RTMP, it can be easily stated that RTMP is an Adobe owned protocol who had taken the rights from Macromedia. RTMP can be used for streaming videos is FLV as well as MP4 formats. It also has the capability of streaming audio in MP3 and AAC formats. Live streaming as well as on-demand streaming is also supported by RTMP. RTMP servers include Wowza and Adobe Flash Media.
How does RTMP streaming work?
RTMP is basically based on TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
In a specific situation, the correspondence is set up between the Adobe Flash Media Server (FMS) and the Client Flash Player.
What is RTMP protocol?
RTMP protocol is adaptable and can deliver Video and Audio (and TEXT! Keep in mind it takes into consideration a different text track to send along) in various configurations and to different Devices like Mobiles (except for iDevices which don’t “comprehend” Flash) and Web Applications. The upside of RTMP is that all Video and Audio documents are sent to a swf (small web format) file which can be played in a Flash Player, which reversely can be implanted in a Web Page or even Mobile Devices.
In a simple setup for the budding visionary, the Adobe Flash Media Server must be implanted first to encourage the transmission of Video or Audio information. At the point when a Flash Player installed towards the End User side makes a call to the FMS, it (the Flash Media Server) sends a swf file, which lives on the Server, back to the Player.
The Video and Audio files are all embedded in this swf file format and along these lines you can send Video or Audio in any possible format and still playback in a similar Flash Player.
RTMP Streaming, in any event in a homely setup, can be accomplished without the loss of sweat. The way toward installing and setting up a Flash Media Server is quite easy and the technology is brilliant since it has been around for a long time now. You can transmit Video and Audio in different formats and interpretations, and additionally apply Security Features, for example, Player Verification.
Adding to that, a standout feature amongst the most critical points of interest of RTMP, with regards to Live Broadcasts, is the low latency that is achieved while broadcasting a video. HTTP based Technologies present high latencies like 10+ seconds more and that just can’t work with outrageous live transmissions, for example, sport events, betting events, trading related Applications.
There’s a whole other world to the bundle of RTMP’s advantages over HTTP. Well it might sound bad but it is a fact that not all devices on earth today are front line Technology.
We should talk Set Top Boxes for instance without the mention of a couple of astounding exemptions, we are discussing obsolete boxes pressed with Stone Age old Hardware and Software. These do “comprehend” RTMP streaming and includes every feature that is required.
Still RTMP is used worldwide to date and has not gone obsolete. This is because of a few reasons.
- Most streaming devices support RTMP so that they can deliver to CDN providers and servers which stream video content. In order to deliver a live video shot with a mobile camera, some native cellular applications use RTMP archives.
- One of the most notable advantages of RTMP streaming is that it has the capability to commence an advanced search. With a real-time streaming protocol, the player can look for a lesser latency than HTTP enabled video streams. A Flash Player is required to relish this feature.
- RTMP can encourage different levels of content insurance, from falsified to genuine DRM (Digital Rights Management). For PC browser playback, the program does not store RTMP streams in their cache.
- One of the favored talents of RTMP is versatile streaming playback, wherein numerous bitrates and resolutions of content are given to a video player, empowering the best resolution to play in the given current system speeds. Certain HTTP streaming innovations, for example, HLS and MPEG-DASH help in a similar delivery system, yet RTMP can be more responsive when it comes to changing with one bit-rate then onto the next. Sadly, there is no standard for HTTP versatile streaming across browsers that would support HTML5 video.
- While live streams don’t need to be versatile, a similar rule of bundled video section applies to any live stream playback. Almost all live streaming occasions for in-browser PC playback require a video player that backs Flash-based rendering and RTMP playback.
- The browser for Apple i.e. Safari on iOS locally supports HLS, and luckily, all cutting edge streaming servers, including Wowza Streaming Engine, support RTMP and HLS packetizing. The urgent need for Flash Player with live streaming will just change when MPEG-DASH moves toward becoming as influential as Flash is today. In the event that Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 supports are required for your live streaming arrangement, RTMP streaming will remain at the top. Additionally, on the off chance that you require close to zero latency on a live stream, HTTP streaming will most probably not address your issues while RTMP can. HTTP tools require more bundles to collect on the server before sending them to the video player.
RTMP is basically an old and foolproof streaming technology that has been used for years now. The Flash Player which helps in viewing video streams through RTMP protocol is quite famous and used all over the planet. There are certain drawbacks of RTMP that has been found out, however, it still remains a platform favored by most.
In conclusion, it must be noted that if your focus lies entirely upon live streaming then RTMP is surely the protocol which you give your venture a successful future. HTTP streaming has become quite widespread as well, but it can never include the features that RTMP streaming have implanted in it.