According to the statistics portal Statista, market share of Mac OS X is nearly 12%. It is really easy to find out various live streaming software online, but most of them are not usually compatible with Mac. If you are using Mac, then you will require live streaming software for Mac. More often than not, Mac users include business personnel and various professionals from multimedia. Hence, identifying the right video broadcasting software for Mac OS is very important and essential. It is in this spirit, this blog throws insights on the best live streaming software, but also provides you with all the necessary information regarding the most popular live video streaming software.
Best Live Streaming Software for Mac:
Selecting the best live streaming software for Mac requires analysis on different components such as its price, plans, revenue model, unique features and many more.
OBS stands for Open Broadcaster Software. This live streaming software is supported by windows, Linux as well as Mac platforms. Its unbelievable features make live streaming effortlessly easy for professionals as well as the novice. This video broadcasting software written in C and C++. OBS is known for its features such as scene composition, encoding, device capture, recording and broadcasting. The browser plug-in comes bundled in OBS Studio Full Installer and therefore you do not have to install it manually.
The OBS Studio is absolutely free of cost and it is very easy for any programmer to generate redesigned version of OBS that combines innovative features. This ensures smooth flow of your work.
- It is a free live streaming software which enables you to record everything at very high quality.
- The Open Broadcast Studio supports audio, video and file sources of various formats.In the case of videos, MP4 and FLV format are supported. In the case of audio, MP3 and AAC formats are supported.
- One can easily resort to a number of transitions to make videos more interesting.
- OBS provides various platforms to connect with live streaming providers.
- It also includes many filters for video effects such as chroma key, image mask, scale, sharpen, pad, color key and color correction tools.
- This software has a built in audio mixer with noise suppression.
- The OBS provides powerful configuration options where you can add new sources effortlessly while duplicating the existing ones and adjusting their properties.
Wirecast is yet another popular live streaming software. It is owned by Telestream, an American company known for its devices that facilitate video capture, encoding, transcoding and network based delivery. This live streaming software comes in two versions: Wirecast Studio and Wirecast Pro. It is one the best video streaming software which is compatible with an array of input devices. It is a webcasting software which can be used on the existing hardware.
The WirecastStudio version costs $495 whereas the pro version costs around $995. The Pro versioncomes with a number of extra features which are absent in thestudio version. The following Wirecast upgrades are also available:
- It includes Premium support, which costs around $99 for Studio users. For Pro users, it costs around $199.
- It provides Firewire HDV camera input support to studio users for $99. Pro users aren’t required to shell out extra money to avail the benefits of Firewire HDV.
- The cost ofNewBlueFXTitler Live Ultimate version used for creating animated titles and graphics is $945. Advance version is priced at $445 and theStandard versionis priced at $245.
- Lastly, the cost of Virtualsetworks for green screen usage is $329.
- It allows you to caption, transcode, absorb, inspect, stream as well as create all the types of videos.
- It comes with a distinct feature that allows you to stream professional multi camera produce to Facebook live.
- Any person can convert their iPhone or iPad into a wireless camera by using Wirecast Cam and capture Wirecast as a source.
- It provides you with a tool that can be used to synchronize audio and video using both audio and video delay features.
- One of the unique features is simultaneous broadcasts to multiple services.
- It is coupled withchroma key, which is one of the best video editing tools that lets you resize, filter and domuch
- WirecastStudio helps you add unlimited numbers of resources such as microphones, webcams, IP cameras, capture cards,
- It provides live and on demand streaming, packaging and distribution of videos.
- Wirecast Pro helps you record videos in high quality using every camera connected to it. There are enough provisions to edit the recorded video content immediately.
- This software makes use of IP streaming protocols such as HTTP, MMS, RTSP and RTMP.
- It benefits the user with instant replay feature to edit theclip and replay them at any particular speed.
- You can easily set up the required background in your video, position the background beautifully so as to lend areal An individual can choose either from the built-in virtual 3D sets or buy the expansion pack that includes around six sets with 90 different camera angles, available at Virtualsetworks.
Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
Adobe Flash Media Live encoder is another feature-rich live video streaming software and media encoder that enables streaming of audio and video in the same time. The media encoder supports MP3 format. This software is a custom coded platform, mostly useful for business purposes that support audio as well as video streaming.
This is a free live streaming software where the user doesn’t have to incur any cost to avail the benefits provided by the software.
Main Features: The best part of this tool is that it can even be used by beginners in this field. Beginners can draw insights from the demo video provided.
- It supports timecoding.
- The updated 3.0 version of Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder is capable of Multi-core processing as far VP6 coding is concerned.
- It is also used to archive FLV or F4V file locally.
- This software has unique automatic functions that comprise auto adjust functionality, automatic restart for maintenance and automatic launch of theoperating
Streaming of live events can be very expensive for which you have to spend a hefty amount on cameras and various operators for high quality. That being said, if one wishes to sacrifice the quality of videos, one can use webcams and smartphones.
We have stated below the following ways to generate revenue from the live streaming videos:
- Sell the rights of your event: You can either sell or rent out the recording of your event to someone who wants to own it or who have missed the broadcast of the event. This can help you generating sufficient income.
- Advertisements: If you are willing to earn through advertisements, you can simply insert advertisements in the beginning or middle of the video streams.
- Charge for streaming live events: One can charge a fixed rate for streaming or broadcasting live events without getting into the chaos of distribution and promotion activities to increase the view of their video.
- Video accessing fees from viewers: Instead of earning revenue through advertisements, if that seems less profitable to you, charging a small fee from the viewers so as to provide access to them is a better option. It is suggested to combine this method of generating revenue with other ways to earn higher amount of income.
- Find sponsors: Mustering the support of sponsors who are willing to sponsor your event especially related to a particular niche can come a long way in funding.
Let us know your thoughts on the best live streaming software for Mac. If you have any doubts or concerns, feel free to ask queries. We shall reply in a day or two. Subscribe to our newsletter and keep watching this space for insights on live streaming. Our best wishes are with you and your live streaming venture. Cheers!